Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

Easter was low key but very meaningful this year for which I am grateful.  Mark and I were asked to speak in church so we had the opportunity to really focus on the true meaning of Easter as we prepared and studied.  What a blessing the resurrection is and how wonderful to celebrate it!  And Sunday evening we spent dinner at my sister's house in Kaysville.  I love having some family so close to be able to do that.
We always do our Easter baskets, egg hunts and what not from the Easter bunny on Saturday, trying again to separate the true meaning from the Easter bunny.  Last year we went to an egg hunt but I quickly learned I don't do well at those types of events.  Too many children, too many adults, not enough room or eggs.  So this year we chose to opt out of any public events.  Because Mark and Shortstop went to the Mariners game Saturday afternoon, Fullback and I spent the day together cuddling, shopping and helping the Easter bunny.  Love that baby of mine!  (But there will be a whole 4 month post tomorrow about him.)
When they got home, there was a note on the door from a Mr. E. Bunny instructing Shortstop to find the trail of jelly beans he left.  At the end there would be a surprise.  It did not disappoint!  Shortstop loved all the fun stuff the "cute sweetie bunny" brought him.  Fullback got a new outfit for church and a car seat toy, Mark got a new tie and a movie and some dad snacks and I got a new movie.  This year my three boys wore green to match and I wore pink to add the estrogen.  :)


Following the trail of jelly beans



 Loves his new camera!

 For a few pictures I did not think Shortstop would join us...hence the picture of just the two of them.  But I love this picture!  

Eventually he joined in on the fun

1 comment:

The Swansons said...

I love the jelly bean trail! Luke looks adorable! He is getting so big!