Yesterday we went in for my 20 week appointment (yay for halfway) and found out we are having a boy!
We are so thrilled and shocked and happy and blessed and so many other emotions. Because this pregnancy was so different than Shortstop we really thought this was a girl. We had no preference and are happy with any healthy baby but we really "knew" it was a girl. And so did everyone else! Only a few people guessed boy so the reaction we got was pretty shocked.
We took Shortstop with us and as Mark was wrangling him, the lady asked if we wanted to know the gender. I said yes and turned to look at the screen and got a great shot of the evidence this is a boy. I just pointed and said "Hold on...that's a boy!" Mark looked up and said "What?" We were so surprised. We were also emotional, in the happy way, just to see our cute baby moving around and being healthy. Everything looks great. I love seeing the spine and heart and watching the baby move and squirm. This may sound corny but it really is an amazing miracle.
Shortstop was very interested in the sound his brother's heart made and just smiled when he heard it. Then he kept asking to look at the ultrasound picture saying "Baby brother is cute mom!" I cannot wait to watch these two interact. I feel like he is old enough to kind of get what is going on and to be excited about it all.
I have not felt this baby move a lot and was concerned but the ultrasound tech pointed out my placenta is on the top front so there is a lot of cushioning between baby and the front of my stomach so there is nothing to worry about. My heart and blood pressure are great, I have no swelling and I am right on track. I am very nervous about my gestational diabetes test in a couple of months and am trying my best to do what I can to not have that again. It was not horrible but it was not fun either with Shortstop.
We don't have a name yet but we have some favorites. There is a lot of pressure to pick a good name! I have known since I was a pre-teen that I would have a kid named Jack but that was the only name I ever KNEW of. So we are having fun getting ideas and running them by each other. (I veto a lot of Mark's choices...I don't mean to. He just picks old man names).
But all in all I feel like myself again 100%, I am starting to show, and we are having a great summer. Life is pretty great!
In other news, Shortstop now sits at the table with us and I thought this was a pretty cute picture. I can't believe he is not in a high chair but I have to get used to him growing up.
Soon he will be in a big boy bed. He loves that phrase too...big boy. He will sit in a chair and say "Look mom...I'm a big boy." And the way he plays with other kids is just crazy to me. He is not shy and will just...play. I don't need to follow him or help him up the stairs to the slide. I feel like this all happened very recently so I am still getting used to it.
And a cute video of course. I love Food Network and one of my favorite shows is Chopped. Well the other day I guess Shortstop was listening in and the next day he was saying something over and over. Mark and I could not figure it out at first and then we realized he was doing the countdown the host does when the clock has 10 seconds. Then he says "Time's up and step away." We were laughing so hard! Sadly we did not get it on video when he puts his hands in the air while he says it like the contestants do but that's ok.


1 comment:
So thrilled for you!! There seems to be something so wonderful about BROTHERS. I just love the thought of it! Can't wait to see boy #2! He's sure to be as handsome as Jack! Love you guys!
Post a Comment