We started Friday night by having dinner with a group of friends. There was no shortage of good food or laughter. Everyone got a babysitter so it was a kid free meal, although some of the husbands act like kids (mine included). It was wonderful! I got to make my sisters' amazing chocolate cake as she was kind enough to share the recipe. And of course I did not take one picture! But I know it happened and that is all that matters.
When dinner was over we came home to put Shortstop to bed and the babysitter offered to stay later so Mark and I could go out a little longer. Hey, once you have the babysitter in the house, why not live it up!? So we headed to the Spark lounge for drinks. (I promise they were non alcoholic...it is just fun to say we went out for drinks!) What a fun place! If you have not been, you should go.
We have decided we want to do Easter baskets and bunny stuff on Saturdays and then focus on the true meaning of Easter on Sunday. So Saturday morning Shortstop woke up to a trail of jelly beans leading to his basket. He was more excited about the books the Easter bunny left him than the candy! Such a good boy.
"Serious? Candy right when I wake up? This is AWESOME!"
Then we headed to Lavell Edwards Stadium to try out their first year of doing an egg hunt on the field. It was covered in goodies! We met up with my cousin and her little girl and are so glad they came.
My handsome boys!
He was getting a little tired of waiting so rested on Mark's shoulder but then got very excited when they made the announcement it was almost time to begin.
We let the crowd pass us when they said go and put Shortstop down and let him run wherever. He found an egg with some jelly beans and a players' football card and he was good with that. In fact, after getting those two things, he sat down and enjoyed watching everyone else. We were so happy he did not get sad when kids pushed him and that he just loved being on the field.
Then we got to take a picture with Cosmo. This kid has not stopped talking about it!
He goes to bed telling me about Cosmo, has to read his BYU Cosmo book over and over and wakes up asking to see the picture we took. Sadly he looks distressed but he really loved seeing him up close. But now we know what to get him since his Star Jar is full of pom poms...a Cosmo stuffed animal. We can't wait to go get it!
Afterwards we headed to the BYU baseball game, having gotten free tickets at the egg hunt (which is a main reason we went anyway). Mark was in heaven teaching his boy the fundamentals of his favorite sport. And Shortstop listened and watched and cheered. It was quite a tender moment for Mark.
This is not staged. Mark was deep in conversation teaching his boy.
I keep wanting to buy Shortstop a mitt but Mark wants to wait...he wants to see if he gets a south paw son and doesn't want to interfere with that by getting him the wrong handed glove. :)
Just some baseball chatter
He is not a big fan of standing still anymore for pictures...
After church we had my brother Ej, his wife Ashley, their boy Tyson and Mark's sister Allison come over. I made a ham, rolls... from scratch (brand new recipe...thank you Pinteret!), jello, deviled eggs and dessert. Ashley brought a salad, potatoes and drinks. It was all so delicious and so nice to have family over to celebrate! I have never made a ham before and I was pleased with the outcome. We ate, we laughed, we talked. Of course, no pictures but the one of the rice krispie treat egg with chocolate in the center. Again, thank you Pinterest!
After guests left and I cleaned up while Mark took his boy on a walk, we put Shortstop to bed and watched The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. Great movie and great way to end the weekend.
I am so grateful to be able to celebrate our Savior and His resurrection. We did a Family Home Evening on it last night to try to help Shortstop understand a little more about the weekend and why it was special. I love being able to teach him and hear Mark bear testimony of the gospel to our toddler. It was a family focused, Savior centered weekend and for that I could not be more happy. Hope you all had a great day too!






















5 comments:
Sounds like a beautiful weekend to me. Thanks for sharing it. I didn't know about the easter egg hunt on the stadium. It looks crazy, but I'm glad that he wasn't too overwhelmed or frustrated by it all.
What a GREAT Easter. Love all the pictures. When you said that the kid hadn't stopped talking about the picture with Cosmo, were you talking about Mark or Jack?! :)
LOVE the peach. And I wish you had gotten a picture of you in your outfit. Silly girl!
Cute pics!! I will have to put up the ones I took at your house. We had such a great time! So fun being with you guys, always. :)
What a great Easter weekend. So much fun and what memories.
You nerd, you should have come over and asked for a picture! Sounds like a great weekend though!
Post a Comment