Shave cream+food coloring+no clothes+an empty tub= Toddler Art





On a random note, today at Mommy School Shortstop threw up a little. Very little and he wasn't acting sick at all. In fact, he is 100% fine. So we went home and I thought about the last few times we have gone to someone else's house to play. And I remember that he has done this a few times. He gets really nervous going into other people's homes and I have to be near him the whole time. Plus he fusses more in an hour at someone else's than all day at home. So I came to the conclusion that maybe he gets so nervous his stomach hurts. Weird right? He does fine with babysitters though, because it is on his turf. I feel so bad. I know he needs to get used to playgroup and nursery and other surroundings that are not Grandma's house, but I don't want him to be so nervous he is sick.
Any of you had issues like this? I am trying to find the balance of being on his side and protecting him while still helping him see it is ok to be with other people.

2 comments:
Ah poor little guy. I remember once that you and I were home alone and you totally worried yourself sick without Mom there. You ended up throwing up. Sounds like he inherited a little bit of that from you.
I think it's smart to keep introducing him to new places with you there. Pretty soon he'll realize that he's "safe" and the nervousness will go away. That's my guess.
Oh no! I think he gets that from both sides. Mark and I keep a lot of our anxiety in our tummies - sometimes before work, I feel like I'm going to barf, just because I'm nervous. I have no idea how to fix that. Let me know if you figure it out!
Post a Comment