This last weekend my five older sisters, one sister in law and my mother and I got together and headed to Eden, Utah for a sisters' retreat. It was so much fun! You would think I took pictures but I did not even take my camera out. They all did so maybe soon I will post something. But for now, you get the wordy version.
Two of my sisters flew in from Michigan and Boston and the rest of us drove from where we live in Utah or Idaho. The condo we got was in a gorgeous area up Ogden canyon. We played minute to win it games, laughed until we cried and were rolling on the floor, we ate food that was gourmet and perfect, we stayed up talking, we went swimming, (some girls did cannon balls), we painted nails, we had a baby shower for my sister in law (my baby brother is going to be a dad!), we celebrated two sisters' birthdays since this year is an exciting one for both of them, played a How to Host a Murder dinner (I was supposed to be Scarlet Red Riding hood...didn't have a good costume for that so instead I dressed up as a gangster and my artistic interpretation was Scarlet from the Hood), we opened up and shared lots of emotions, we cried together and felt uplifted by one another. I forget how special it is to have sisters and tend to take it for granted and to have 6 of them...my goodness I am blessed. We each have such different lives, blessings and trials but we came together and had a very fun weekend. Thank you Paula for putting it all together, Alicia for making the food, Carrie and Rachel for leaving your kids and lives to fly out here, Ashley for being such a sport while pregnant and for being a natural Morgan girl, Melanie for always having the best words of wisdom and love and mom...for being the best mom we could ever ask for. You sure did a great job raising us, if I do say so myself. We all love that you are the woman we want to be like and the example we still have as a mother and wife.
Now for some other unrelated news...I am going to be a stay at home mom in two weeks. That's right folks, I quit my job this morning! I am beyond nervous and worried if we made the right choice yet I know we did. I have been going back and forth for a while and this week, everything just fell into place. We will still be living in Provo since Mark works in Orem, but for the first time since I was 16 years old, I will not be working for a paycheck. I get to stay home with Shortstop all day though which is a better pay off. Sure there will be days I am going to think "What the crap have I done!" But my sister put it best this weekend...even on the bad days, I won't regret making this choice for my family.
I have two weeks people. Two weeks to tie off loose ends at work (and there are a lot), pack up, move and let it sink in that this is real. Oh man! Any words of wisdom or advice? Anyone want to help us move? :)
So there you have it, a wonderful and picture-less post.
6 comments:
If I were in Provo, I would come help you pack. I'm really good at it now :).
Wow. This is a "Make Megan Jealous" post. I know it was unintentional because I'm not important enough in your life for you to do that, but that's what happened nonetheless. :) The sisters' retreat sounds fabulous! I want to do that! maybe I will make it happen soon. And then to be a stay at home Mom. I know you'll have some transitioning to do because you've always been a hard worker at work and I think you will miss part of it, but at the same time, you are going to love it! I wish you luck dear.
I am so happy for you to be a stay at home mom! Days are sometimes long and hard, but I really wouldn't have it any other way. I feel so grateful that I'm able to raise my children the way I want to and I get to see all the fun little moments. It's really the best, and hardest job I've ever had. You are going to be fabulous at it! Only advice I have, is make sure you still do things that are just you. I know it sounds silly, but that's what helps me the most!
I just heard about you leaving:( I'm so happy for you, but we are going to miss you. Jack is luck to have such a great mama.
I am glad you had such a wonderful retreat with your sisters. I too have a family full of lovely women and I wouldn't exchange those late nights for anything. My sister is getting married in Utah in August. I would love to catch up with you. At first, I had a hard time staying home all day. I was so used to getting out of the house. Plan some trips to the library, park, and make some mommy friends for play group. I had a WONDERFUL friend that helped to keep my mind alive. It is so nice to not hear the first tone of my cell phone ring in every day things. Lastly, gain some closure. Thank the people that have made the difference on tough situations. Most of all I hope you and Mark will enjoy more space and quiet evenings. Sorry for the novel. Love you!
Yay! Great post--the weekend was so fun. So excited for all your big changes--I would say pack a little bit every day if you can, so the weekend of moving doesn't kill ya!
Post a Comment