Monday, February 7, 2011

Christmas gift coupon

For Christmas, all my siblings got together and decided to give my parents the gift of time. (I may have already mentioned this on a previous post.) Each family gave them a coupon redeemable for an activity to do within the next year with just that family and my parents. My mom and dad LOVED it. And this weekend they cashed in the first gift which was with Mark and me. We gave them coupons to redeem for a BYU basketball, baseball and/or football game with us.
They wanted to see Fredette play (who doesn't?!) so a couple of weeks ago I got 4 tickets, set up a babysitter and they drove down. They came for another grandson's play so this worked out perfect! We had a ball- punny! I love spending time with my parents. They are seriously amazing people and it was fun to watch my dad get in to and caught up in the excitement at the Marriott center.
Love these two guys!
We got lunch at J-dawgs...if you don't know what a J-dawg is, come to Provo and we will take you.
Then we went to the game- the energy was amazing! It is so intense with loud music, students going crazy, Cosmo (the mascot) dancing all over the place and just good ball. Fredette was amazing with his assists and shots from the line since the other team would not give him room to breathe! But the other players really stepped up to prove BYU has a good team, not just one good player.
Then that evening we invited my brother and sister-in-law to join the group and we went to Winger's for dinner. Mmm...so good! Shortstop loved being with Grandma and was so funny and sweet the whole time. The next day my parents came to church with us to see Mark teach and walk the halls with Shortstop when he needed so I could also see him teach. Grandparents rule. It was such a fun weekend.

In Shortstop news, check out this new video.
He has learned to clap on his own! I love it! He did it one night at dinner, we got it on video that same evening and now he does it each day then looks so proud of himself when I cheer and so he does it again. He is learning so much so fast and growing into such a fun little boy. (Does everyone hate the way they sound on a video? Because I sure hate my voice!)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Glad you had such a good time. Mom and dad couldn't say enough nice things about the weekend. Awesome! And we'll take you up on the J-dawgs offer. Love the clapping video.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

yes, everyone does hate their own voice on video :) It sounds normal to everyone else though - I wonder why that is.

Good Christmas gift too! I love that idea.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Did I not comment on this? I totally thought I had. I think I must have written the comment in my head and never typed it out. SUCH a cute video. Babies clapping - nothing beats it.

Oh and completely jealous of your weekend with Mom and Dad - jealous that they got to be with you and vice versa. Sounds like a great time! And I miss J-Dawgs. Amen.