Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Sports, sports, sports

I always knew I would love watching my kids do their activities and looked forward to signing them up for sports.  It is so fun to cheer them on, see them progress and get better and watch their faces light up with pride when they do something well.
Soccer this year was two seasons with the same team. And Fullback was almost a different player the second season!  He was more confident, more aggressive and had a ton of fun. Shortstop enjoyed the first season a little more than the second but I am not sure why.  He says he wants to do soccer again one day but no time soon.

Tee ball was just Fullback this year.  Shortstop opted to take a break from team sports for a time, much to the heartbreak of his dad, but we supported his decision.
Watching Fullback was a blast!  He is one of the few kids who knows what to do and that kid can drill a ball off the tee. I love how excited he gets when he gets on base too.




Shortstop decided to try out karate.  We signed him up for the 6 week summer program and he seemed to really enjoy it.  However we aren't going to continue for a few reasons:  the class sizes are WAY too crowded and big and the cost is way too high. I just didn't see him learning and progressing, even in the short amount of time, that I thought he would.  He was super distracted and got bored easily...the exact opposite experience we were hoping for.  Shortstop was fine not continuing when we explained that if he did karate, that was fine but he couldn't try any other sports.  And he is really wanting to give basketball a go so he agreed to just have this be a fun summer thing.



No comments: