Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter

I love Easter so much!  I love the traditions Mark and I have established.  I love the reason for the holiday and focusing on our Savior and I love that it means Spring is just around the corner.
We always do our baskets and easter egg hunts on Saturday.  I have found that it really helps us leave Sunday for the important and real reason for Easter.  And it allows us to be silly and crazy!
We did our basket hunt when the kids woke up and they loved it.  We focused on giving them church themed coloring books and Sunday activities. We also bought Shortstop a brand new Book of Mormon and talked to him about reading it for the next year as he prepares for baptism.  He was so excited about that and is already a few chapters in. ACE loved her little stuffed animal and books and everyone loved the candy.




We had a couple of soccer games in the morning so as soon as those were over, we did our little egg hunt in the backyard.  It is fun to watch them help each other and laugh as they run around the yard.   Like I said...it was little and simple and that is how I like it.





Sunday was stake conference so we all got dressed up in our matching outfits and then headed that way.



My parents were in town and one of my sisters lived in my Stake so we all sat together.  Stake conference with littles is a rough two hours but we were there and I am sure we will be blessed for it. After lunch we took naps and quiet time and then did our 12 egg spiritual lesson that really is a favorite of mine and Mark's.  The boys are gaining such strong testimonies of the importance of the resurrection and all the Savior did and does for us.  
Once ACE was up from her nap, we headed to my sister's house for a delicious meal with her family and my parents.  I love ham and potatoes!  We visited for a bit then came home and went to bed.  It was a great weekend filled with what I hope are life long memories and traditions.

No comments: