The older I get, the more laid back I want my birthdays. This year was no exception. Life is just so busy and with our anniversary the next week, we do a lot of combining activities. My actual birthday was very pleasant. I woke up to everyone singing along to 50 cent, got a birthday crown, OJ in a champagne flute and cards and magazines I could enjoy during the day. That night we were going to go to Tucanos but Fullback's eye was super inflamed and he was in a ton of pain so we decided to relax at home. We had paninis and birthday cake and the boys got me adorable and thoughtful gifts. Just to point out the difference in my two boys: Shortstop got me a watch that has hearts on it (he spent forever looking at all his options and asking Mark's opinions) and Fullback got me miniature kitchen utensils, (which was one of the first things he saw and then he immediately confiscated them after I opened the gift to take to his room and play with). The weekend before, Mark and I had gone shopping and he got me a new purse and wallet which was all I really wanted this year.
But for our festivities for both special days we went on multiple dates with the help of babysitters and family. One night we were able to go to a movie, Sully, one Saturday we were able to go shopping around Farmington station and out to lunch which of course we picked sushi since the boys won't eat that, as a family we went to Tucanos a week after my birthday, and we had a "date in" on our actual anniversary and read our old anniversary journal entries while sipping on sparkling cider and eating fancy chocolate. We are planning a big trip once I am done nursing ACE (London baby!!!) to celebrate our 10 years together so we were ok keeping it low key for now. I love September because it is the month of celebrating!
No comments:
Post a Comment