Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Potty training Luke

It sounds crazy...but I decided to potty train Fullback this week...a week and a half after having a baby.  I wasn't going to but then I looked at the logistics.  Ace is still tiny and sleeping most of the day so I can give my full attention to Fullback, I have a friend picking up Shortstop from school each day so I don't have to go anywhere, and I wasn't planning on any outings for a while so we are home all day anyway.  And guess what?!  It has paid off.
We tried to potty train back in September and it was a disaster.  In three days he had two successes in the toilet and by the third day he said "Mom...can I have my diapers back?"  So I said yes.  Well we are on day 3 and he has had ZERO accidents, woken up dry from naps and even dry one night.  I am in shock.  He is trained!  And really has done it himself.  He is so proud of himself and loves the praise and attention.  This is a tender mercy for sure.  Not sure I could have handled it emotionally if it didn't go well but I was willing to try.  Love this 3 year old of mine!

Look at that sheer excitement!

1 comment:

Penny said...

That is crazy, that is exactly how Cambry was. The night before I went to the hospital she said Mommy I want to pee in the potty and she did! We took the diapers off and that was it. It is so nice when they decide to do it on their own! YAY!