Sunday, March 16, 2014

Disneyland

People may think we are crazy that any chance we get for a family vacation, we choose Disneyland.  It just doesn't get old for me.  And I doubt it ever will!  Shortstop is at such a perfect age and Fullback is old enough to think things are cool or at least be in awe of the characters.  We went for 2 days in the parks and then spent the last day driving around our mission.  There are no pictures of that but it was special.  Mark and I found old apartments we lived in, reminisced as we drove down streets we tracted and even ate at places we ate as a zone.  

The drive:  We are so lucky because we have GREAT travelers.  We put Fullback in a forward facing carseat a week before the trip and I am so glad we did.  It was nice to see them both and be able to help them with whatever they needed.  There was lots of reading, lots of singing, way too much eating and not very much screen time which I love!  They are content talking or reading vs watching movies.  We stopped halfway in Las Vegas so the next day would not be as long and we could enjoy Downtown Disney…which we did.  No pictures of that but I love walking around and looking at all the shops and restaurants.  





Every once in a while Shortstop would ask me to hold his hand…and I will never turn that down!


The accommodations:  We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel this time and it was so incredible!  Truly magical is all I can say to describe it.  Shortstop was so excited as we pulled up and still talks about "that Disneyland place we slept, with the stars and Mickey hands."










 The weather was PERFECT for the park but just a tad windy for the pool.  Maybe next time.  Both boys were battling runny noses and coughs so I didn't want to make it worse.  They were soooo good in the parks so I didn't want to push it!






Disneyland and California Adventure:  Not much explanation needed for the next million pictures.  We had such a great time though.  Both boys had fun, were great in the lines and truly soaked in the magic and whimsy of every land.
 Here we go!!




 Shortstop is obsessed with maps and brochures so he was our little tour guide.  I was impressed at how well he knew where he wanted to go and which lands had what.  









 Character hugs are the best!



 He was so excited to see Jesse, gave her a hug and a kiss, she kissed back and then he said "Well…where is Woody now?"  

 We met up with my cousin Skyler and his family.  (Can't believe I didn't get a picture with Meghan!!)  These boys love their facial hair.

 There is a show in CA Adventure called Disney Junior Live on Stage and it was awesome!  All the Disney Junior characters from their top shows sing and dance and fun things come down from the ceiling like bubbles and gold coins (made of paper).  Shortstop was so happy and Fullback was mesmerized.  




 Successful days ended with restful nights!

 The day we left it was rainy!  Such perfect timing.  If Mark and I hadn't had the kids with us we would have totally gone into the park since it would be empty but with the boys we were glad it didn't mess up our trip.

Character breakfast:  On the morning we left we had reservations at Goofy's kitchen.  What a fun place and the food was pretty good too!  Our favorite character was the Mad Hatter.  He spent quite a while visiting with Shortstop and playing peek-a-boo with Fullback.  I was impressed with how into his character he was and how much time he spent with us. 






 It was just perfect and of course on the drive home we started planning our next trip!


No comments: