Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

A day set aside to let Mark know how awesome he really is and how grateful I am that he is my kids' dad?  OK!  I love this day!  Mark is truly an amazing husband and father.  He loves both stations in life and you can tell.  Never was there a luckier little guy than Shortstop to have a dad like Mark.  From the moment Mark laid eyes on his boy in the hospital I knew I would have to be the "tough" parent.  :)
And I don't mind one bit.  Heaven help me if this next baby is a girl...Mark will melt and never be able to tell her no. (I guess she will be a princess...like me!)
Yesterday was a great day though and very low key.  Mark enjoyed an egg and bacon burrito breakfast with his boy while I started on his crockpot dinner and his seven layer dessert.  Then we enjoyed church where he got some cookies from the Relief Society and sat in Elders' Quorum, leaned back in his chair and chowed down.  Great way to enjoy a lesson!

After church Shortstop took a 3 1/2 hour nap...best gift ever!  And we enjoyed Mark's favorite meal without any food being thrown on the floor.  Pot roast, potatoes, carrots and A LOT of gravy.  Then when the boy woke up we had chocolate cake and opened presents.  He got the Back to the Future trilogy, a new tie that he wore to church and then a jar of hugs and kisses with a primary song on the outside.
That one was his favorite.  Being called "Dad" is really special for Mark and not something he takes lightly.  It pulls at his heart each time his boy asks for him to come and play or just wants to talk or lay on his shoulder.

His fear is how he can love another as much as Shortstop but if any of you know Mark, you know that will not be a problem.  He loves so easily and so unconditionally!  Thank you Mark for being the best dad in the world!


1 comment:

Alicia said...

Mmmm That cake looks so good. Nice work!