Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful for blog posts

Recently I have been reading a lot of blogs that have to do with kid friendly activities or ideas to do each day with little ones. Shortstop is a little young for most of them but I tuck them away as ideas for the future. But I sat here at my computer one day and was so grateful for people who have taken the time to share these things with me. Then I started thinking about all the coupon blogs I read to help save my family some money. And I realized how much time and effort they put into helping others. And I found myself overcome with gratitude for the internet and the positive things we can use it for. Yes there are scary things out there but when used as the wonderful tool it can be, the internet can be such a blessing.

There are a lot of things out there I don't want in my home and I do my best to keep them out. I have tried to live a good life (I am far from perfect and know there are many readers who can cite examples) but I am trying. And since becoming a mother I find myself changing even more things to keep my home feeling clean, spiritually speaking. There are tv shows I no longer watch because they are over the line on "humor" (what once was funny to me I think "I hope Shortstop never sees this"), blogs I no longer follow due to language or lifestyle (I am not judging these people as they can live how they want but I choose to not read it), and many other media aspects I am trying to evaluate if they are a positive influence on my family, especially my son. I also read a blog post talking about being offended and how it is our choice to not be no matter the situation. It could not come at a more perfect time. I had read something that really bothered me, hurt me in a way that had nothing to do with me, yet I could not stop thinking about it. To say it offended me may be too strong but when I read this post about choosing to not be offended, I thought "You hit the nail on the head in so many ways." Rather than let the negative affect me and only me, since no one else would suffer from my emotions, why not cut it out of my life? And I did. I know I have probably offended some of my readers and I know I have definitely offended people who will never read my blog. And I am sorry for that. I only want my blog and my comments to be part of that positive aspect of the internet. Wow...that was a heavy couple of paragraphs. Sorry about that!

Now for some videos of Shortstop because oh my goodness he is funny! (And I have had requests for more of these from family).

Please don't call child services. Shortstop was fine and Mark was not really shaking him. It is just something cute these two have fun with.

So proud of himself for walking "on his own". This was a while ago but I forgot to post it. I cannot get enough of that flat smile/ jawline when he knows he is showing off.

Lately we are praying a lot more than normal at our house because every time I turn around Shortstop folds his arms and bows his head. And he usually won't stop until we say some prayer or another and since I never want to tell him no to a prayer, we pray about everything. Meal and bedtime prayers are not enough for him, and I am grateful for that example in my home. Here we tried to catch it on video. We got him folding his arms but he knew he was being too funny to do more.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway! Still a few days until I announce a winner!

5 comments:

Lessa said...

What a darling boy you have. You're such a good example! Thank you for your posts!

Alicia said...

Oh, he is too stinking cute, I can't stand it.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Good lessons learned Jax. I love reading about all your experiences and what you are learning.
And the videos are awesome. My kids were laughing out loud and commenting the whole time. They loved it! What a cute little man!

Allison Elkington said...

is it time for me to come over again yet?! :)

Krist Garcia said...

Oh how I love you guys! And miss you like crazy!