This weekend was such a fast and furious and fun weekend. Last minute we were able to get some tickets for Wicked up in Boise. So Friday we drove up to Twin Falls to stay with my family, who were also going. (Not before getting flowers from my sweet sister-in-law for mother's day...thanks Rae! Then I came home to flowers from the rest of my in-laws.) I love being in Twin Falls and hanging out with my mom and sister. Alicia's kids LOVE Shortstop, as does Grandma, so there is no shortage of someone playing with or holding him.
Saturday we got to sleep in while others took care of Shortstop...it was a long night with little sleep. I think he was too excited to be at Grandma's. Plus Mark fed him pudding while watching a Mariners game on my dad's tv right before bed (we don't get Mariners games in Provo so it was a treat!). Who would want to go to bed after that? :) That afternoon we all got ready and went up to Boise to eat and go to Wicked. We had a gal in my mom's ward watch Alicia's two younger kids and Shortstop. She said they were all great; just laughed and played with each other all night.
Wicked was AWESOME! We got to see it in LA a few years ago and it did not disappoint again. Plus I always like an excuse to go out all dressed up with my hubby.Sunday was Mother's day and was wonderful. I got presents all throughout the day, Mark took care of Shortstop the night before so I could sleep, and we had a birthday celebration for Elise (she will be 7 this week) and Shortstop. What better way to celebrate being a mom than by doing a birthday party for one of your kids!? He got lots of toys and clothes from Grandma and Aunt Alicia. His favorite gifts were the weebles, chatter phone and magnet leap frog game for the fridge. I love that he is at an age where he enjoys toys and has his favorites. I will post all the fun pics tomorrow along with his actual birthday pics. One more day and then I have a one year old!!
Anyway, it was a great weekend and I am so grateful we were able to go. Thanks Twin Falls family for a wonderful weekend away.
Reminder- the giveaway closes tonight at midnight. Good luck!
4 comments:
Yeah for first mother's day's! I'm so glad you had a great one! Happy Birthday to Jack tomorrow!
What a fun weekend! Glad you got tickets and it all went well. Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight!
Oh man jealous of your weekend. Glad Mark treated you so well!
Thanks for your kind comments, you are very sweet.
Post a Comment