Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

Now that it is December (Happy December everyone) I figure I should post about Thanksgiving. I have so much to be grateful for this year. Family, friends, the gospel, our health, jobs, and so much more.

Here is Shortstop in his handsome sweater Thanksgiving morning (thank you cousin E-man).
I can't get enough pictures of my two boys.
This year we went to my parents' house in Twin Falls for Thanksgiving. I love going home to smell something baking, a football game playing on the TV and kids giggling and yelling all over the house. I was so excited for Shortstop's first major holiday home and it lived up to all my expectations. My sister Paula and her family and Melanie and her family were at Thanksgiving dinner and then Alicia and her family were around all week. They were at her husband's house for the actual dinner but we got them for most of the time before and after that.

Due to a bad storm, we got up there Wednesday instead of Tuesday but then we got to stay until Monday versus Sunday because of another storm. So it all worked out!

Thursday we baked and ate and ate and baked. It was awesome! Shortstop had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, a roll, sweet potatoes and ham and loved every bite. He started eating before anyone sat down and was still eating when people got up. He knows how to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner! Of course I only got pictures of him and none of the dinner or anyone else...whoops! But the food looked amazing and everyone was all smiles.




There was nothing left in the bottle, I promise.

After dinner the adults sat around talking and sharing things we are grateful for. I love when my dad gets in on these conversations as it turns spiritual, loving and sometimes emotional. He once again thanked Mark for the husband he is and how grateful they are to have him in the family. Mark is well liked in the Morgan clan and for good reason. I love him so much and truly lucked out with who I married.

We had a pie contest on Thursday night. Last year my pie won best looking. This year I told Mark he got to make the pie. He called his mom, got a recipe, we went to the store and bought all the stuff and he was ready to go. But because he was having too much fun all day, he never got around to making it. So we entered this.

It did not win anything and I don't understand why. :)

We played games each night and visited until late. In the mornings a few times my mom would take Shortstop so Mark and I could sleep in. Heaven!

Friday was spent hanging out and relaxing and then Mark and I got to go on a date to Harry Potter 7. We have been so excited for this all year!

Thank you Grandma and Aunt Paula for keeping Shortstop. He loved all the attention he got this week and was so funny watching the kids play. You could tell he wanted to jump up and join them but just couldn't figure out how. When we got home from the movie, there were fireworks from a program called Christmas in the Nighttime Sky. It happens every year and it is just down the street from our house so we turn off all the lights and watch them out the windows. The little man was mesmerized and could not stop smiling at the bright lights.

Grandma took the little girls one afternoon and made sugar cookies to keep them entertained and busy. She is such a fun Grandma and the kids loved it!




Saturday my mom and sisters and I went shopping and got some Christmas decorations then we came home and watched the BYU vs. Utah football game. I never watch this game with Mark, whether on TV or live because he gets so tense and I get nervous for him. Even if we have tickets, I give mine to a friend or brother in law so Mark can enjoy the game without me getting tense the whole time and him worrying about me. But I listened at a safe distance and it was not a good afternoon. So afterwards to help us feel better, we went out with two of my sisters and their husbands for Sushi while Grandma and Grandpa kept all the grandkids. They are the best!
Sunday and Monday there were more games and movies and shopping and then we came home Monday afternoon. Although it was hard to get back to work and reality, it is nice to be in our own home with the Christmas decorations up. And it helps that it is only three more weeks until I go back home for Christmas!!


3 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Man, I really would like to enjoy this post but it was far too painful. But really glad you had such a great time. Nothing beats going home for the holidays. And Jack looks SO cute in that sweater. Love it!

Alicia said...

It was so much fun to have you guys here and I want more sushi. Can't wait for Christmas.

Carol said...

Great post, so glad you had so much fun and you made it safely home. Those storms were wicked and yet beautiful when you were all here safe.