Wednesday, November 10, 2010

6 months


Wow little man cub, you are 6 months old today. I can't believe how fast the time has gone and how much you have changed and grown. Dad and I love your fun personality and it is coming out more and more each day. Here are some things just about you.
  • You laugh and smile all the time. You even have a little smirk which can be seen in the video below
  • You hate to be left alone for too long, even if you are having fun with your toys
  • You love sweet potatoes and applesauce
  • You are learning to drink from a sippy cup
  • You almost have the hang of sitting up- today you sat up for 20 seconds, laughing the whole time and smiling with pride
  • Your Grandma says you are just like your dad in so many ways, which your dad loves to hear- one way is that you are quite the talker which I love to hear!
  • You have learned to scream and tell me you are frustrated- although it is not my favorite, I am glad you can express your emotions
  • Your nanny is a new good friend who gets a smile out of you when she walks in
  • You can eat Gerber puffs all by yourself from your high chair tray
  • You still love to suck on your fingers and now love to suck on your toes
  • You love reading books with me
  • You enjoy very much being in your exersaucer
  • You are a little camera shy. You can be doing the funniest thing and the minute we pull the camera out you look very serious and just lay there
  • You watched the movie Cars for almost 30 minutes the other day, absolutely intrigued. (I know I am a horrible mom for even attempting to have him watch TV but it was a very busy work day!) See above picture
  • You like to cuddle with me in the cold mornings in my bed after dad has gone to work, and play with my hair while we both attempt to wake up for the day. Snuggling and cuddling is a most for you at some point in the day and it is a definite must for me while you will still let me
  • And you love listening to music!
Thanks for being such a great little boy and for only giving me grief every so often to keep me on my toes.

4 comments:

Allison Elkington said...

aww! baby jack! he's so cute and looks SO much like mardy it's just crazy. :) little man. i need to snuggle that baby asap.

Katie said...

Jacque / don't feel bad about letting him watch a movie. You have to make it through your day! Have you heard of signing time? You might look into it.

Ashley said...

What a great way to record these things so he can see them in the future! So cute.

Rachel Durazzani said...

I thought I commented on this. Oops. I can't believe he is six months and still hasn't met me yet. That's crazy. He is so cute! And such a good combination of you and Mark. Love it!